Nokia Recruitment Privacy Statement
Effective from April 21, 2016.
Nokia Corporation, including its affiliates (“Nokia”), is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
Nokia Corporation runs the system for own purposes but also for purposes of the other Nokia affiliates.
This Recruitment Privacy Statement (“Statement”) informs you about how Nokia processes information it collects about you during Nokia’s recruitment activities. It sets out what kind of Personal Data Nokia may collect about you and from other sources, how Nokia processes your Personal Data during its recruitment activities, and what rights you have in relation to such data. Personal data means any information alone or combined with other data which may be used to identify an individual.
We may provide you additional privacy information to this Statement via supplements and other notices. If there is a difference between such notices and this Statement, the notices should be considered first.
1. What Personal Data does Nokia collect and process?
Nokia collects Personal Data directly from you as well as from other available sources to the extent relevant and permitted by applicable local law. Subject to applicable local law and practice, the categories of Personal Data that are typically collected and processed in the recruitment context are:
• Information you provide: When you create an account in our recruitment management system or otherwise interact with Nokia (either directly or through an agency or other third party), you may be asked to provide Nokia with your information, such as:
o your name, street address, telephone number and email address and other contact details;
o your competences, skills, experience and education, e.g. your CV or resume, previous employments, educational details and qualifications, third party references.
o your preferences, e.g. preferred country of employment, areas of interest as well as your preferred ways to be contacted by Nokia); as well as
o your user identity, e.g. user names, passwords for logging in to own candidate profile and other such information used in connection with authenticating you.
• Other information, such as information found from public sources as well as information related to credit or background checks, depending on the position you are applying for.
2. What will Nokia do with your Personal Data?
Nokia will collect, use, store and otherwise process your Personal Data for the purposes of Nokia’s recruitment or resourcing activities. Additionally your personal data may be processed for other purposes you have explicitly consented to in each additional single case. Whenever necessary and subject to statutory record-keeping requirements, Nokia will delete and/or anonymize Personal Data that are no longer needed. If you have not updated your profile in 12 months it will be deleted from the system.
Nokia will process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• Communicating with you, in context of recruitment activities, such as:
o To obtain additional information where necessary;
o To inform you of available vacancies;
o To provide you with information relating to your application and to fulfill your requests.
• Managing recruitment and resourcing activities, including activities related to organizational planning. In the course of recruitment activities, we may use your information:
o To set up and conduct interviews and assessments;
o To evaluate, select and recruit applicants;
o To conduct background and credit checks and assessments as required or permitted by applicable local law;
o To contact third party references provided by you to evaluate your previous performances.
o Or as otherwise necessary in context of recruitment activities.
• Development of services:
o We may use your Personal Data to develop and improve our recruitment processes, websites and other related services. Where feasible, we use aggregated anonymous information in context of the development activities.
• Legal and regulatory compliance, including obtaining and releasing Personal Data as required by law, judicial organizations or practice in order to comply with legal obligations imposed on us.
3. Transfer of your Personal Data
Nokia will not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your Personal Data except as provided in this section:
• Consent: Nokia may share your Personal Data if you have given your consent for Nokia to do so.
• Nokia companies and authorized third parties: Nokia may share your Personal Data with other Nokia companies or authorized third parties who process Personal Data for Nokia for the purposes and under conditions described in this Statement or otherwise provide recruitment related services to Nokia. In such cases Nokia will ensure that there is a genuine need to transfer your Personal Data.
Authorized third parties include, for example, recruitment agencies, professional advisors, external legal counsel, consumer credit reporting agencies, recruiting systems providers, and other third party suppliers.
Nokia may use also authorized third parties for providing technical services. These authorized third parties may have access to your Personal Data in the course of providing the technical services but will be contractually restricted from processing your Personal Data for other purposes. Nokia also requires them to act consistently with this Statement and to use appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data.
• National/International transfers of Personal Data: Nokia is a global company that has affiliates, business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross legal entities and national borders. This means that your Personal Data may be transferred to other Nokia legal entities and to other countries than the one where you are applying to as an applicant. Such other countries do not always have equivalent laws providing specific protection for or rights in relation to Personal Data or they have different rules on privacy and data protection. Nokia takes steps to ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your Personal Data is provided as required by applicable law. Such steps include, for example, the use of standard agreements and the requirement to use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Data. By providing information to Nokia subject to this Statement, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Data as described in this section.
• Mandatory disclosures: Nokia may be required by or under mandatory law to disclose your Personal Data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to government agencies responsible for the employment activities, statistical information or to the police or other law enforcement agencies, for example in context of conducting a background check
• Mergers and acquisitions: Where Nokia takes steps to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses in certain countries, this may involve disclosing Personal Data to such companies. In such circumstances, Nokia will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate measures to protect Personal Data are taken by such companies.
• Other: Nokia may also disclose and otherwise process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law to defend Nokia’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
4. What steps are taken to safeguard Personal Data?
Privacy and security are key considerations for Nokia. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our data bases containing personal data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
5. Data quality
The information you submit must be complete, accurate and up to date. We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data. We encourage you to access your personal data through your account from time to time to ensure that it is up to date. To the extent permitted or required by applicable local law or subject to your consent, we may use public sources in order to verify that Personal Data we hold is correct.
6. Your rights
With respect to the processing of your Personal Data, you will always have the rights as provided by applicable local law. In addition, this Statement provides you the right to know what personal data we hold about you; to request incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated as well as to object to Nokia’s processing of your Personal Data on compelling legitimate grounds.
There may be certain categories of information prescribed by applicable local law that Nokia may lawfully withhold. If Nokia declines to provide access to any of the Personal Data you request, you will be provided with the reasons for such a decision.
You are encouraged to use available profile management tools to access, view and edit your profile. You may be able to delete the entire profile directly from the available tools or you may be required to request such deletion of your profile by contacting your available recruitment support.
In case you revoke your consent or object to certain processing activities or delete your profile completely, Nokia may be unable to continue the recruitment process with you.
7. Whom to contact?
Nokia Corporation, including its affiliates are the controller of your Personal Data. If you have any queries about your Personal Data, contact primarily the relevant recruiting personnel through provided contacts or channels. Note that you may access and manage much of your Personal Data online by using the available profile management tools.
If you want to exercise your rights as described in the previous section of this Statement you may make a request in writing through provided contacts or channels. Nokia may need to identify you and to ask for additional information to be able to fulfill your request. Nokia will fulfill your request within the timeframes required by applicable local law or, in the absence of such timeframes, within a reasonable time.
You may also contact Nokia Corporation if you have any queries concerning Privacy matters. Such queries and concerns may be made or reported in writing to the below address:
Nokia Corporation c/o Privacy
P.O Box 226,
FI-00045 NOKIA GROUP,
8. Changes to this Statement
Nokia may from time to time change this Statement or change, modify or withdraw access to this site at any time with or without notice. However, if this Statement is changed in a material, adverse way, Nokia will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Statement and on this site's home page for 30 days. We recommend that you re-visit this Statement from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Statement.
BY CLICKING "I acknowledge" BELOW, I CONSENT TO NOKIA PROCESSING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES AND IN THE MANNER DESCRIBED ABOVE.